- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 potato, sliced paper thin
- Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic bag (a produce bag words well). Add the potato slices and shake to coat.
- Coat a large dinner plate lightly with oil or cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
- Cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). NOTE: cooking time varies based on microwave.
- Sprinkle salt on chips and remove from plate to cool.
- (You do not need to keep oiling the plate for remainder of potatoes)
These chips are amazing! I stopped buying bags of chips for lunches and now just make chips.
The first time I made them was not pretty.... I sliced the tip of my finger! Yowza! Something I've noticed the success of the chip depends on the potato. If it isn't fully ripe, the chips are no bueno.