Monday, February 21, 2011

Potato Chips

I know I said I was going to make Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies today... I decided I'll make those next weekend.   I still have 2-3 dozen Nutella cookies in the kitchen!  I decided to post about a fantastic recipe instead.  A couple of weeks ago my friend, Kelli, posted a link for homemade potato chips that she found on the Allrecipes website.  I was instantly intrigued!

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 potato, sliced paper thin
  • salt


Directions

  • Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic bag (a produce bag words well).  Add the potato slices and shake to coat.
  • Coat a large dinner plate lightly with oil or cooking spray.  Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
  • Cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). NOTE: cooking time varies based on microwave.
  • Sprinkle salt on chips and remove from plate to cool.
  • (You do not need to keep oiling the plate for remainder of potatoes)

Review

These chips are amazing!  I stopped buying bags of chips for lunches and now just make chips.  

The first time I made them was not pretty.... I sliced the tip of my finger! Yowza!  Something I've noticed the success of the chip depends on the potato.  If it isn't fully ripe, the chips are no bueno.  

1 comment:

  1. microwave!!!?? I will FOR SURE need to let my mom know about these for cooking class- she will LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete