Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oatmeal Creme Pie Cupcakes

One of our very good friends, Phil, from California flew in this morning for a quick trip (leaves tomorrow morning).  The husband and Phil are going on a man date tonight to see the Champion Series Across America tennis match featuring Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Jim Courier, and John McEnroe.  I told them they must take lots of pictures that make them look like they are a gay couple.  Should be good times!  : )

Phil's birthday was a couple of weeks ago so I knew I wanted to make him cupcakes when he got into town.  I originally tried making angel food pineapple cupcakes, but that didn't turned out so pretty.... so it was on to the next recipe.  I went through my many saved blog posts in my google reader and found Oatmeal Creme Pie Cupcakes from Inside BruCrew Life.  They were super simple to make!  I chose not to use the buttercream recipe that went with the recipe.  I googled "cinnamon buttercream" because I thought it would complement the cupcakes better.  I found this recipe and decided to give it a try (it got great reviews).  I decided to make half the batch with the oatmeal creme pies in the middle and half plain (just in case the other cupcakes did not turn out).  Here are the pictures:



[Yes, I made them do the thumbs up--LOL!]






















Happy Belated Birthday Phil!  Hope you enjoy your cupcakes and the date with the husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment