Sunday, January 29, 2012

Update on my training plan

I suck.  No, not really... but I decided I suck at following a training plan.  There are many reasons why this is true.  Being that I am a wife and mother of three children, my life can be so crazy and change from one day to another.  I'm not sure that the training plan I am using most suitable for me.  I also do not have a specific race I have in mind... which makes me less likely to follow my plan. 

I have no idea what my training plan had on schedule for today, but I felt like running 8 miles.... so I did.  I decided to try out Powerbar Energy Bites as my fuel during today's long run. 

Everything was going great until mile 3.  My stomach started to act up.  I cleaned the pipes before I left, but apparently not enough.  I knew before long I'd have to make a pit stop.  I was able to hold out until right at mile 4.

Emergency pit spot at mile 4.  You do NOT want to see what is behind the dumpster.
I had a difficult time getting back into my groove.  My heart rate was uncomfortably high, so I had to slow down a bit.  The last few miles were a little bit of a struggle, but I was determined to finish what I set out to do. 


4 comments:

  1. You train how you feel is best for YOU!

    BTW, did you drink any water with the Energy Bites? (remember, no sports drinks with energy "stuff") during runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me that you POO'd behind that dumpster, b/c if so- THAT just made my day! hahahahhahahaha

    you're so awesome goober! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally dropped a deuce behind the dumpster. If you like that, you'll love this part of the story I didn't share... Being the sick freak that I am, I took a picture of it and sent it to Tom, my dad, and a few friends.

    ReplyDelete