Speaking of my followers--if you are reading this and haven't hit that 'join this site' button over on the right, what are you waiting for?!?! It'll make me feel better about myself if you subscribe so you should do it : )
Second thing... Resolutions get a bad rap. As you read here, I made the goal to run more when I joined dailymile on January 2nd... and then made more goals once I knew what I could accomplish. If resolutions motivate others to do better, be better, and work on different areas of their life, then it is a success. If only a small percentage of people stick to their resolutions, so be it!
Third... I've always wanted to do a running streak, but in the back of my mind I know my shins can't handle it. Over on Mom vs. Marathon she talks about the same thing (glad I'm not the only one!). She decided she is going to streak... but on her own terms. What a good idea... so good, I'm going to do it too! I'm 4 days into my streak:
- Day 1--Ran 3.1 miles
- Day 2--Ran 3.5 miles
- Day 3--Walked 2.6 (incline 4.0-7.0) and 30 of stretching and strength training
- Day 4--Ran 4.05 miles
Lastly, I've been thinking about my 2012 goals I published a few days ago and realized I left some things off my list that deserved to be acknowledged (in red).
- Sub-30 minutes for 5k races (for the realistic and attainable races)
- Average a sub-10 min/mile for all races 4 miles and below
- Run under a 2:15 for the half marathon distance
- Sub-28:00 for a 5k
- Sub-60:00 for a 10k
- Run at least 4 half marathons this year
- Run at least 1,010 (beat my 2011 record) but hope to run 1,200 miles.
- Become a half fanatic
- Incorporate strength training once a week
- Only eat 1 donut a month... at the end of the month (only if I deserve it)
- When baking cupcakes, limit my cupcake consumption to 2... maybe 3 : )
- When making coffee, I'd like to lower my creamer consumption from 4 to 3
- By the end of the year, I'd like to have built a comfortable savings
- Blog more consistently, but not jeopardizing family time
Do we have any similar goals? What would you like to accomplish in 2012?