Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Virtual 5k

Today I participated in a New Years Virtual 5k hosted by Kiley over at Daily Vitamin F.  I enjoy participating in virtual races just as much as "on location" (is that what you call it?) because: a) they are free and b) I can do it when I want (well, kind of).  I am a new follower of Kiley's blog and luckily I saw she was hosting this race earlier this week. 

When my husband and the little kids headed to church, my older son and I decided to head out for our 3.1 mile run.  My son wanted to ride his new electric scooter while I ran.  Before we set out for our adventure, my stomach was hurting.  I finally figured out why... I only ate a cup of puppy chow (aka muddy buddy) and 1/2 of a banana since I woke up at 8am (it was 12:30pm went we heading out the door).  I ate another banana to try to calm down the stomach.

I decided to wear my old Adrenaline 11's to see if it would help alleviate the pain in my right shin.
Man, I look sleepy still!
We were off on our adventure.  Secretly, I was hoping to run a sub-30 minutes for this 5k today.  I decided to take a different running route today... one I haven't taken in almost a year.  See with me... once I find a route I like, I stick to it.... for every single run.  For months.  It was so beautiful today.  Another t-shirt and shorts kind of run.  LOVE IT! 

At the half way point (1.55 miles), I decided to stop and take this picture.

Why you ask?  Because these feet and legs have been put through a lot this year... They have moved over 1,000 miles in 2011.  They deserve recognition for being able to make it through so many miles!

We went back on our running adventure and I was pushing for that sub-30.  Did I make it?

Ugh!  So freakin' close!  Maybe next time....

1 comment: