Saturday, March 26, 2011

Banana Split Cupcakes

I have been eyeballing these cupcakes for over two weeks.  A co-worker and friend, Jason, just had a baby two days ago.  Okay well, HE didn't have a baby... his wife did.   And what better reason to make cupcakes!

I follow a cupcake blog called Annie's Eats.  She posted a beautiful picture and I was instantly mesmerized.  I was so excited to make them today... little did I know it would take me over 2 hours!  But it was all worth it in the end.

Here is the 411 on these cupcakes--"banana cake with a strawberry and pineapple filling, topped with a vanilla whipped frosting, drizzled with chocolate ganache, then garnished with sprinkles and a cherry on top!"

My husband said even said that these might be the best cupcakes I've ever made.  I think I agree!  The pictures don't do the cupcakes justice.

Delicious!

Amazing!

This picture highlights the strawberry pineapple filling.

1 comment:

  1. wow, and i thought making green cupcakes for st pattys day was complex ;)

    ReplyDelete