- Best race experience? I've got two... (1) It would have to be the San Diego Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon back in June. I managed to PR by 20 minutes! (2) Even though the Las Vegas RnR 1/2 marathon was not my best performance, watching my dad achieve a major PR was awesome! We really push each other to be the best we can be.
- Best run? I can't choose just one.... (1) I had the opportunity to run with my dad many times this summer when we traveled back to Minnesota/Wisconsin. He is the best running partner I could ever ask for! (2) Last week, I managed to maintain a sub-10 pace for each mile in my 6 mile run. This is the longest run I've been able to sub-10. I never thought I'd be able to do sub-10 for even a mile... but I did!
- Best new piece of gear? My Garmin 305 that I received as my Mother's Day/Birthday gift from my husband and kiddos, as well as, my CEP Compression Socks I got as a birthday gift from my mom. I cannot choose just one because both serve two very important purposes.
- Most inspirational runner? I really enjoyed reading Marshall Ulrich's book this year. His story is amazing, so I nominate him as most inspirational runner.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Life changing : )
Friday, December 30, 2011
Best of 2011
I've been thinking about writing a 2011 review of running, but hadn't figured out how I wanted to actually write it. Miss Zippy did a great post so I thought I'd do the same too... so here it goes: